Enlightened music education curriculum
Music Makers In-School Curriculum encourages young students to develop their natural ability to enjoy, understand, and create music. It appeals to the brilliance in every child.
Music Makers is an online music curriculum for school and home classrooms. Consisting of a comprehensive study of music, standards-based lessons are designed to be taught throughout the school year. Created for primary students grades 1-3, Music Makers is for anyone beginning musical study. Lessons are easy to teach and fun to learn with interactive elements, lesson plans, and worksheets. Music Makers also includes access to an extensive Music Library and Presto Theory Study.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Music theory—learn the elements of music and music notation
- Music history—explore periods of music, composers, and musical forms
- Ear training—listen and compare pitches
- Listening repertoire—recognize classical pieces and composers
- Singing repertoire—learn and perform songs
The teacher presents the lesson. Students participate by listening, singing, echoing, clapping, moving, improvising, and answering questions. They create melodies and explore rhythms, tempos, dynamics, and timbres.
The program is designed to ensure student success. In the quizzes, incorrect responses receive gentle feedback and the option to select another answer.
See examples of what Music Makers has to offer!
- Lessons designed for each grade level
- Audio pronunciations of vocabulary words, composer names, and titles of classical pieces
- Simple navigation and operation
- Printable lesson plans and worksheets
- Multi-faceted music library
- Prompt phone and email support