Increase Your Music Literacy!
Learning an instrument is only one part in developing as a musician. Understanding how music is constructed is its own skill.
With Presto, you will:
- Learn to read music
- Understand the harmonies that are used to create a piece of music
- See the different elements that add expression and beauty to melodies
Whether you want to perform the classics, play in a rock band, create your own melodies, or understand what makes your favorite songs special, learning music theory is an essential step.
Practice to perfection with Presto.
More About the Complete Set of Presto Self-Study Exercises
Presto has detailed self-study courses that lead you step-by-step through learning music theory. More courses are added monthly!
The core of Presto is based on an extensive set of exercises. The Reading Music section helps you identify:
- Musical symbols
- Note names in the treble, bass, alto, and tenor clefs
- Sharps, flats, and key signatures
- Time signatures and rhythms
The Building Melody and Harmony section expands on the visual elements of music to lead you through constructing and hearing intervals, scales, and chords including:
- Different types of harmonic and melodic intervals
- Major and minor scales
- Chords and their inversions
Finally, in the Adding Expression section you will have the opportunity to learn and recognize:
- Articulations and Ornaments
Tutorials provide you with key concepts you can use to begin your music theory practice immediately. Over 100 quizzes allow you to see what you have learned.